Koffie Straw Review
I recently found Koffie Straw on Instagram and I was instantly intrigued! I just got mine and I wanted to do a Koffie Straw Review post. Since starting the Whole 30, I have been drinking far more coffee than usual. Part of my goal on the Whole 30 was to quit drinking sugary beverages altogether, so I plan to continue drinking coffee every day after the Whole 30 is over. Everyone knows that drinking darker colored beverages can have negative effects on your teeth. Most people also know that using plastic in hot beverages is a huge no-no, unless yo
u like leaching chemicals into your beverages. I hate using plastic with hot food or drinks, and I like buying re-usable products instead of plastic whenever possible. This is where the silicone Koffie Straw comes in.
First impression, I love the packaging. It’s so cute! Every order comes with two Koffie Straws and a little cleaning brush. I really love this because when you buy most re-usable straws they don’t come with any kind of brush to clean them. I usually have to dig into my daughters art stash to find pipe cleaners. The Koffie Straw is also dishwasher safe, which is handy for the lazy among us (me.) They are made to fit perfectly in to-go cups. The rectangle shape fits in to-go lids and they are designed so that most of the coffee won’t touch your front teeth. The straws are 7″ but I was told that they are making a longer version that will be released soon. I usually drink coffee at home out of a mug, or order a smaller coffee when I am out, so the 7″ straw is ideal for me. I have the pink straws and I love the color. I use a glass water bottle with a pink silicone sleeve, so my water bottle matches my Koffie Straw. 🙂 You can also purchase directly from their website in Navy or Plum or order Navy on Amazon.
If you’re interested in keeping your teeth whiter, while using an eco-friendly and re-usable product, I can’t recommend this enough! It’s a cute and fun product, but they are also useful. The Koffie Straw is made very well and I think that it will last quite a while. I have found that most silicone products hold up well and last forever. I sure hope that this does, because I plan to use it every day!
**Note: Koffie Straw did send me a sample to try got this Koffie Straw Review. I received the item free of charge but I do not receive any type of commission if you purchase this item directly from Koffie Straw. I ONLY review products on the blog that I love and recommend!
6 Best Apps for Fitness and Weight Loss
There are so many fitness and weight loss apps out there! Newer iPhone and Android devices even have health and fitness applications built right into them. I rarely use the built in “S Health” app on my Galaxy Note 4, but I have previously used the step counter to track my activity. Now that I have a Fitbit, I don’t need to use it as much. I also find the food journal confusing, and not as user friendly as MyFitnessPal. All the apps linked below are for Android, but they are all available in the iTunes store too!
- MyFitnessPal – This is my favorite food and activity tracker. There is a paid version but the free version has always worked for me. I am not currently using MyFitnessPal, since you don’t track calories or activity during the Whole 30. Back in 2012 I lost about 18 pounds after having my second child and I used MFP to track everything. When you have to keep track of everything that you eat, it makes you more mindful of what you are putting into your body. It can also help with mindless eating, or eating because you are bored.
- FitBit – This one is only free if you have a FitBit tracker, but it’s worth mentioning. I don’t like using the built-in step tracker on my phone, because I am not always carrying my phone! I have a FitBit flex (Black Friday at Wal-Mart, $79) and I am very happy with it overall.
- Couch25K– If you’d like to start running, but are completely lost, Couch25k is a great way to start. This app guides you from not running to being able to run a 5K in just 8 weeks! There are several C25k training apps, this link goes to one that I have used before.
- Blogilates – I love Blogilates videos, and you can connect to some of them through the Blogilates app. There are some features that are not included in the free version, but overall the free app is very helpful.
- PlantNanny – My husband makes fun of me for this one, but I love this app. You choose a plant and you “water” the plant whenever you drink water. You enter your information into the app and it comes up with a daily water intake goal for you. Of course, water intake needs will vary based on your day, but this app is pretty close. Once the plant is finished growing, you can put it in a garden and pick another one. I think it’s cute! You will also get alerts on your phone when your plant is thirsty (a reminder to drink water!)
- Instagram – No, Instagram is not a dedicated fitness app. However, you will probably be able to find a lot of support in the Instagram community. If you are a vegan, eating paleo, love yoga, a runner, or working on Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Guides, there is a community on Instagram for you! Search hash tags, use them in your posts, and you will be amazed at the support that you will find for whatever journey you are on!
Have you used any of my favorite 6 best apps for fitness and weight loss? Are there any other apps that I should check out? Let me know in the comments!
If you are a photographer, a creative, or a lover or really cute bags, you have to check out The House of Flynn! I stumbled on the House of Flynn last
year and in addition to the beautiful products I have also discovered a wonderful community.
The bought a Travel Wallet shortly after they were released. The word “wallet” is a bit of a stretch, this thing is huge! It has slots for plane tickets, passports, and everything else that you could possibly want to take on a trip! This one is genuine black leather with black plaid interior. I wasn’t sure about the interior when I ordered it, but upon arrival I decided that I do like it. The wallet has a large front pocket. I like this pocket because I can put my phone in it. I have a Galaxy Note 4, so my phone doesn’t fit in very many wallets. It seems silly, but I love the pen holder in the middle. I am always digging around in my large camera bag for a pen. There is also a small snapping pocket on the inside, which could be handy for change. The construction on this wallet is very sturdy, and I’m sure that it will last for a long time.
I have a Coach wallet that I love, so this travel wallet won’t be for every day use. My plan is to use it when I am shooting weddings, or when I am traveling. I love the idea of using this for a wedding. I usually have various pieces of paper with the wedding timeline, questionnaire, or portrait shot list. I will be able to fold them in half and put them in the front pocket for easy access. I also have an upcoming trip (I will post another blog with details in the near future) and I am excited to use this wallet for travel!
This is the travel wallet sitting on top of a 13 inch Macbook. It’s huge!
A close up of the card slot details.
This is not an affiliate link, I purchased this wallet at full price. I am simply reviewing it because I love it!