How To Make Money From Home – Top 10 Tips
Next week I am going to share my own work from home journey, but for now I am going to be talking about how to make money from home. Whether you are looking to earn a full time income, or just a little extra spending money, working at home is a great option!
I know that it can be difficult to figure out how to make money from home. There are so many ways to make money from home, it can be overwhelming! The following 10 ways are tried and tested by either myself or close friends.
How to make money from home
1. Swagbucks – I wrote an entire post about Swagbucks, and you should check it out! While you definitely won’t get rich using Swagbucks, I earn several $5 gift cards per month, and every little
bit helps. I chose Amazon gift cards and put my gift cards toward household purchases.
You can earn Swagbucks by doing things that you normally do online anyway, like searches and online shopping. You can also watch videos and take surveys for extra points.
2. Surveys – You can do Surveys with Swagbucks. I recently started using Survey Junkie and I have to say they are the best Survey Company I have used. They pay out the same day you request it, which is rare! I have received gift cards and PayPal cash from both of these companies.
4. Stock photography – If you have a knack for photography, you may be able to make some extra cash submitting your own photos! I occasionally submit photos to Dreamstime and I highly recommend them both for buying and selling stock photography. Every stock photography company wants different kinds of photos, but they will let you know what they are currently looking for. Selling stock photos isn’t a way to get rich quick, but there are many photographers to who earn a full-time income from it.
5. Start a blog! – It takes a while to make a blog profitable, but if you love writing and sharing information, having a blog will be very enjoyable!
Related post: How to start a blog on WordPress
Related post: Two things you should pay for when starting a blog
6. Contractor or Employee – Work for a company like ModSquad or Apple. These are two of the many work-from-home jobs where you will work as a contractor (or possible employee, depending on your state.)
7. Virtual assistant – Busy bloggers and entrepreneurs often delegate tasks to Virtual Assistants (VAs.) You can try to snag VA jobs through Upwork, or directly through various companies and entrepreneurs. Virtual Assistants can do any number of tasks, from answering e-mails, data entry, and handling social media. Keep in mind that some VA’s have regular hours and some are on-call, so check job descriptions to see if the position will work with your lifestyle.
8. Sell Handmade Items – If you have a product that you create, sell it online! Selling through sites like Etsy is even easier now thanks for the popularity of Instagram. I see so many people taking advantage of social media platforms to promote their products. I have found several brands that I love using Instagram. Use social media to your advantage to get your product seen by more people.
9. Become a re-seller – If you’re great at finding thrift store or other bargains, being a re-seller on eBay or swap meets could be a great way to make money! You can re-sell clothing, hand bags, even furniture! If you are selling online, keep in mind that you will have to ship items and add that into your cost.
10. Earn Cash Back – You may not get rich by getting cash back, but it’s better to get some of it back if you’re spending it anyway! If you do a lot of online shopping, make sure to use sites like Ebates to earn cash back. I always highly recommend using Ibotta for cash back when grocery shopping. Use this link to claim your first $10 with Ibotta! Shopping through Swagbucks will also earn you points toward gift cards. I recently earned about $10 in gift cards through Swagbucks just for booking a hotel room!
Related post: How to use Ebates | My Guide to Ebates
These are my top 10 ways how to make money from home. I am still currently using most of these methods, and I make a little extra income each month from them! My favorite easy way to earn money is cash back through Ibotta, Ebates, and Swagbucks, because it takes very little effort! If you make money from home, I’d love to hear about what you do. Never miss a money saving post, subscribe here!