8 Uses for Coconut Oil
I absolutely love the versatility of coconut oil! I use it every single day. It is an amazing product to have when you are traveling, it can act as several products all in one. I use coconut oil for many things, but these are my favorite 8 uses for coconut oil.
1. Facial moisturizer: I don’t even use a regular moisturizer, I just use coconut oil. I am pretty low maintenance when it comes to my appearance, and this works really well for me.
2. Face wash: What?? Yes, you can wash your face with oil. It sounds weird, but it works. Put a little coconut oil on a rag and use it to clean your face.
3. Makeup remover: If washing your face with oil sounds weird, try using it as a makeup remover instead. It works great, even on stubborn eye makeup.
4. Diaper rashes: For babies with a mild diaper rash, coconut oil can help clear the skin quickly. It’s also a great preventative treatment to keep rashes away. I found it to be cloth diaper safe, whereas many diaper rash creams are not. If you are concerned about your cloth diapers, you can always use a small fleece lining to keep the oil away from the diaper.
5. Hair Conditioner: Coconut oil is an awesome hair conditioner. Apply a very light amount to your hair and let it sit for as long as you’d like. Make sure to rinse well!
6. Dental Hygiene: You can purchase a pre-made toothpaste, make a DIY toothpaste, or simply use the oil for “oil pulling.” There are many reasons that coconut oil is wonderful for dental health, check out some of them listed here.
7. Lotion Replacement: If you or your children have sensitive skin, coconut oil is a great replacement for chemical-filled lotion! In warm climates the oil will be liquid. At colder temperatures, warm the oil by running the jar under some hot water to make it easier to work with.
8. Cooking: This one is pretty obvious, but it is great for baking, or replacing any unhealthy industrial seed oils.
The coconut oil picture is from Aldi. I love shopping at Aldi for healthy and gluten free foods. A “how to” guide for shopping at Aldi coming SOON! How do you use coconut oil? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below!