This post may contain affiliate links. This full disclosure policy can be found here
How to Remove Stretch Marks
This “How to remove stretch marks” tutorial was originally posted by my friend Meagan over on our Naturally Thrifty Moms blog way back in 2010. It was by far our most popular post on that blog, and still continues to receive steady views pins from Pinterest. I am re-sharing it here, with Meagan’s permission.
Any mama who has been pregnant has worried about those dreadful stretch marks, or as I call them “battle scars”! Maybe, you’re one of the lucky few who never got any. If so, congratulations! If not, I’m sure you’ve tried quite a few different creams, lotions, and potions to get rid of the them. Some of the more popular ones are Bio-Oil, Mederma Stretch Mark Cream, and Cocoa Butter. Of course these items can help, but you’re missing a key element in fading stretch marks. If you want a 100% natural tried and trusted way to get rid of your stretch marks for good, keep reading! This can be used in conjunction to a product like 100% cocoa butter for even better results.
Several years ago, I was chatting with some co-workers on our work forum, and I noticed a link in someones signature- “Stretch Marks- Be Gone”. I clicked on it, very interested in knowing what the secret was. At that point, I had just recently had my first son, and stretch marks had taken over my belly. I continued to read the article, thinking in my mind ‘There is no way this is going to work, if $20, $30, and $40 creams don’t!
Well, I followed the instructions and repeated the treatment every day for two weeks. I was shocked to see that my stretch marks were fading. Slowly, but surely! Four weeks later, there were barely any left! I was amazed! At this point, 3 months had gone by, and I was astonished when I looked in the mirror and my belly was almost completely stretch mark free. Of course, when I had my second son they came back, but I recently started the treatment all over again, and they are slowly fading once again.
Since reading this article a few years ago, I’ve only told my close friends about my stretch mark removal solution, but now I think it’s time I let the cat out of the bag. After all, we have to look out for each other! So, here it is.
What You Need:
– sugar scrub (this Tree Hut body scrub is the one that I use, I love it!)
– 3 minutes in the shower/bath each day
What to do:
1) When you’re in the shower or bath, you want to take a generous portion of the sugar scrub and cover all areas of your stomach where the stretch marks are.
2) Next you want to wet the loofah and start scrubbing the stretch marks in small circular motions. You want to scrub until your belly is red. (Sometimes this may hurt a bit, but beauty is pain sometimes.)
* Sometimes it helps to grab the area of skin between your thumb and fingers and try and stretch it out a bit first. The tighter the skin is, the easier it will be to scrub.
3) Continue the scrubbing small areas in a circular motion until you’ve covered the entire area where stretch marks are apparent.
4) Rinse off the scrub, and go about your daily routine.
** I make no guarantees that this regimen will completely remove stretch marks for everyone. I will say however, that if you follow the steps correctly, at least 4-5 times a week, your stretch marks will slowly fade. The number one reason that this treatment wouldn’t work for someone is because they aren’t persistent. You need to keep up with this, or else the results will never be what you want them to be.
This was a guest post by my good friend Meagan.