How to lose weight for free
I feel like everyone is always trying to sell something. If you post on Facebook or Instagram that you’re trying to lose weight/get in shape, I can guarantee that you’ll be bombarded by private messages. There are people selling supplements, wraps, teas, you name it, it’s probably out there. These products exist because there are people out there who are absolutely desperate to lose weight. When you’re desperate, taking any kind of shortcut to achieve your goals sounds appealing. I am not saying that these products don’t work, or don’t help in some way, that isn’t what this post is about. What I am saying is that you don’t have to spend a bunch of money to lose weight and get healthy, I promise. There are simple steps that you can take that to lose weight without buying a thing.
My Favorite Fitness Gear for Busy Moms
I have taken a turn with this blog and I want to get back to where I started. I am now going to focus on fitness tips and inspiration for busy moms. I plan to do more posts about food, fitness, and how to fit it all into a crazy schedule! Today I want to talk about my favorite fitness gear for busy moms.
6 Best Apps for Fitness and Weight Loss
There are so many fitness and weight loss apps out there! Newer iPhone and Android devices even have health and fitness applications built right into them. I rarely use the built in “S Health” app on my Galaxy Note 4, but I have previously used the step counter to track my activity. Now that I have a Fitbit, I don’t need to use it as much. I also find the food journal confusing, and not as user friendly as MyFitnessPal. All the apps linked below are for Android, but they are all available in the iTunes store too!
- MyFitnessPal – This is my favorite food and activity tracker. There is a paid version but the free version has always worked for me. I am not currently using MyFitnessPal, since you don’t track calories or activity during the Whole 30. Back in 2012 I lost about 18 pounds after having my second child and I used MFP to track everything. When you have to keep track of everything that you eat, it makes you more mindful of what you are putting into your body. It can also help with mindless eating, or eating because you are bored.
- FitBit – This one is only free if you have a FitBit tracker, but it’s worth mentioning. I don’t like using the built-in step tracker on my phone, because I am not always carrying my phone! I have a FitBit flex (Black Friday at Wal-Mart, $79) and I am very happy with it overall.
- Couch25K– If you’d like to start running, but are completely lost, Couch25k is a great way to start. This app guides you from not running to being able to run a 5K in just 8 weeks! There are several C25k training apps, this link goes to one that I have used before.
- Blogilates – I love Blogilates videos, and you can connect to some of them through the Blogilates app. There are some features that are not included in the free version, but overall the free app is very helpful.
- PlantNanny – My husband makes fun of me for this one, but I love this app. You choose a plant and you “water” the plant whenever you drink water. You enter your information into the app and it comes up with a daily water intake goal for you. Of course, water intake needs will vary based on your day, but this app is pretty close. Once the plant is finished growing, you can put it in a garden and pick another one. I think it’s cute! You will also get alerts on your phone when your plant is thirsty (a reminder to drink water!)
- Instagram – No, Instagram is not a dedicated fitness app. However, you will probably be able to find a lot of support in the Instagram community. If you are a vegan, eating paleo, love yoga, a runner, or working on Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Guides, there is a community on Instagram for you! Search hash tags, use them in your posts, and you will be amazed at the support that you will find for whatever journey you are on!
Have you used any of my favorite 6 best apps for fitness and weight loss? Are there any other apps that I should check out? Let me know in the comments!