This post may contain affiliate links to awesome products that I love. I won't promote items that I don't use or think you'll find useful. The full disclosure policy can be found here.
5 Reasons to Drink Black Coffee
If you had told me three years ago that I’d be writing this, I would have laughed at you. I’ve only been drinking coffee for about 2 1/2 years and most of that time I have actually been drinking coffee flavored milk and sugar. I started drinking coffee after my third child was born. I think that I started drinking it out of necessity. I had a newborn, and two year old and a five year old. The church that I attended had free coffee on Sunday morning, so I figured that I might as well start drinking it! Fast forward to now, I started drinking black coffee during my first Whole 30 attempt and I haven’t looked back since then! Here are my 5 reasons to drink black coffee.
- It’s healthier. Let’s face it, added sugar is never good for you. Don’t get me started about the ingredients in some coffee creamers! If you drink a lot of coffee, the added sugar + questionable ingredients will really add up.
- It’s cheaper. If you’re using higher quality creamer like I was, the price is really going to add up. If you are getting specialty coffee on the go, the cost is going to be substantially more than a plain, black coffee.
- It’s simple. It’s easy in the morning, make a cup of coffee and go. My favorite creamer is a dairy free coconut milk creamer, but where I live, it’s hard to come by. Drinking black coffee has made my life easier because I am not making special trips for coffee creamer anymore.
- It’s harder to mess up. If you’re placing an order at a coffee shop or restaurant, it’s pretty difficult to mess up a plain black coffee!
- You will learn to like it. It may take some time, but you will learn to appreciate the actual taste of coffee, and not everything that you are putting into it. I had to choke down my coffee the first few days of my Whole 30, but it got better! Even when I stopped doing the Whole 30,I still continued to drink black coffee.
There you have it! My 5 reasons to drink your coffee black. I haven’t put anything in my coffee in over a month and I think that I will keep it that way. It is better for me, saves money, is easier, and I really have learned to like it! I recently wrote another article about my new favorite coffee accessory. If you’re worried about coffee staining your teeth, check it out here!
Do you drink black coffee? If not, what do you put in your coffee? I like coconut milk creamer, but I think I will do without it for now! reasons to drink black coffee