Hi there! I’m Amy. Welcome to amyfillinger.com, a place where I share all things frugal living for busy moms like you. I am so glad you stopped by, and I hope you’ll stick around for a while!
I am a wife, and a mom of three kids, who are 9, 6 and 4 years old. I grew up, well, kind of everywhere. We spent a few years in a suburb of Chicago during my pre-teen/early teen years. I spent a couple of years in Southern California after high school, and then a few years in Missouri, where my kids were all born. I don’t have any heart warming stories about growing up in one house, one town or even one state, but honestly I wouldn’t have it any other way. We recently returned to Missouri from SW Florida. Now we’re planning our next adventure.
I spent the last several years trying to figure out how to work from home successfully. Trying several ventures, from candle making to freelance writing, and doing remote contract work in customer service, social media management and more.
Although not entirely from home, I eventually found success as a professional photographer. Recently I’ve taken a step back from photography and focused on building my online businesses. Besides blogging, I also offer Pinterest management and other social media management for busy entrepreneurs and small businesses. I love being able to work from home. One of my passions is teaching other moms how to work from home. You’ll see a lot about working from home on the blog, in addition to topics like frugal living, budgeting, travel, and family life.
My family of 5 currently resides in Missouri, and we travel as often as possible. We have a family travel blog and a YouTube channel, where you can learn more about the family and what we do. My oldest, Kainan, is 9 years old. He does Tae Kwon Do, loves Star Wars, putting together LEGO sets, and he’s a huge helper anywhere he is asked. Mikaela is 6 and she is the epitome of a girly girl. She loves all things art and coloring, Shopkins, Barbies and reading. Garrick is 4 and loves dinosaurs, swimming and Octonauts.
What I love
- Coffee – Yes, it’s first on the list. I love Starbucks Mocha ground coffee. The kind you make at home, I’m way too cheap/frugal to buy coffee at Starbucks.
- My Kindle – I love reading, and my Kindle makes it even easier. I have a Kindle Unlimited Subscription, and I love it so so much! You’ll probably hear me rave about it all over the blog. Subscriptions usually aren’t my thing, but this one is worth it! I share it with my son (he is currently reading the Star Wars: Rebels series) and it’s definitely one of my favorite things. I can keep up with business books, and I’m also currently re-reading the Harry Potter series.
- Traveling – I love traveling! My husband and I try to explore new places as often as possible.
- Pinterest – I love Pinterest. What’s not to love? It’s an amazing tool for personal and business use. If you need help with your Pinterest game, I also offer Pinterest management services. Keep reading to find out more about that.
- Being warm – This sounds like the most ridiculous thing, but I hate being cold. I love wearing flip flops (or no shoes at all) and tank tops and shorts are my outfit of choice
We love coffee, and cheesy coffee cups (from Target!)
Why I blog
I started my blog in in February of 2016 because I am passionate about frugal living, working from home, and sharing my journey. In the past, I ran a blog called Naturally Thrifty Moms with my best friend (from 2010 to 2013). I love having a platform to share what I have learned. This blog focuses on frugal living for busy moms. I also share information about working from home. I believe that all moms should be able to work from home, if that’s what they want to do.
I offer social media management, Pinterest management, and other virtual assistant work. Interested in working with me? Click here.
Working with brands
If you’re a brand looking to reach a demographic of moms, I’d love to hear from you. I only work with brands that align with my blog and my personal beliefs. If you think your brand is a great fit, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d be happy to send over my media kit and discuss partnering options.