There is a good chance that this post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of these links, I might earn a small commission at no extra cost to you (which I really appreciate, thank you!) The full disclosure policy can be found here.
How to eat vegan at Universal Orlando
If you’re looking for vegan options at Universal Orlando, you’re in luck. There are actually quite a few vegan food options at Universal. Universal is adding new vegan options regularly, so check back or let me know in the comments if you have a favorite that didn’t make the list. I have noted the restaurant locations using US (Universal Studios) and IOA (Islands of Adventure.)
I have another post about eating gluten-free at Universal Orlando, which is getting easier to do. Now, imagine trying to eat gluten-free and vegan at Universal, that is a lot more complicated! Fortunately, there are plenty of vegan choices at Universal from quick service to fine dining.
Psst if you don’t have your Universal tickets yet, I recommend purchasing tickets through Undercover Tourist. You can also book through a Universal Travel Agent – like me! I can get you annual passes for $100 less than you can get directly (just because my agency books so much Universal!), so make sure to message me if you want more info.
Vegan options at Universal – The Beyond Burger
There are several locations at Universal Orlando that offer beyond burgers. If you want typical park fare like a burger and fries, you have a few options. The Beyond Burgers are served with Follow Your Heart cheese and veganaise.
- Wimpy’s (IOA)
- Richters Burger Co. (US)
- Mel’s Drive-In (US)
- Captain American’s Diner (IOA)
The Burger Digs (IOA) also has a vegan burger made out of brown rice and mushroom.
The Ultimate Vegan Burger at Wimpy’s.
Vegan Chik’n Sandwich’s at Universal Orlando
If you’re in the mood for some vegan chik’n, you have options in both Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.
- Mel’s Drive-In (US)
- The Burger Digs (IOA)
Vegan at Universal Orlando – Jackfruit options
Jackfruit, the meat sub that is actually a fruit! You can get it at Islands of Adventure or Universal Studios.
- Mummy Cafe BBQ jackfruit. (US)
- Thunder Falls Terrace jackfruit bowl. (IOA) This one is also gluten-free!
More vegan options at Universal Orlando
- Mythos (IOA) offers vegan pad thai or risotto. Make sure to request that they are made vegan because they have non-vegan options as well. Both can also be made gluten-free.
- Finnegan’s (US) is now offering a vegan Shephards Pie made with Beyond Burger.
- Lombard’s (US) has a Beyond Burger penne Genovese.
- Confisco’s (US) Pad Thai is naturally vegan. Confisco’s is currently offering a cauliflower steak for pass holder appreciation that is vegan and gluten-free but it’s not on the menu.
- The rice and bean bowl at Thunder Falls Terrance (IOA) along with most of the sides are vegan and gluten-free.
- The new Central Park Crepes (US) offers a savory vegan option with vegan sausage and cheese.
- Desert Kabob House in the Lost Continent offers a vegetarian kabob and other vegan options such as hummus.
Vegan options at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Sadly, most of the food offered at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is not naturally vegan. You will have to get creative and speak to a chef in order to enjoy a vegan meal at the Three Broomsticks or The Leaky Cauldron. Your vegan meals will consist of beans, veggies, and salad, which, let’s be honest, is probably not worth the price.
Sadly, Butterbeer is not vegan. However, Pumpkin juice is. I’ve seen other bloggers and vloggers offer that “Gilly Water” is vegan but come on, it’s just regular water. 😉 Let’s please not tout that as a vegan option. I’ve heard that Fishy Green Ale is vegan and also that it contains dairy, so make sure to ask because I have personally received conflicting answers.
Some of the candy offered in Honeyduke’s is indeed vegan such as lemon drops, rock candy, and sugar quills. The boxes do have ingredients and allergy info so it’s easy enough to see what is vegan.
Although the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is my favorite area of the parks, there are not many vegan Wizarding World of Harry Potter options. I recommend spending time hanging out in the Wizarding World and then going elsewhere in Universal for your meals.
Vegan snacks at Universal
- Auntie Anne’s Pretzels without butter.
- Dip n dots rainbow ice or strawberry ice.
- Ben and Jerry’s non-dairy options.
- Fruit at grab-and-go stands.
Vegan options at City Walk
City Walk has plenty of restaurants offering many vegan options. There are too many to list, but vegan options in City Walk include:
- Antojitos with many vegan options such as fajitas and quesadillas.
- Moe’s Southwest Grill is popular with vegans as you choose what goes into your bowl or wrap.
- Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville also has the Beyond Burger.
- Voodoo donuts offers several vegan donut options.
- Toothsome Chocolate Emporium and Savory Feast Kitchen offers a vegan milkshake made with soy milk.
Vegan at Universal
I hope this guide on how to eat vegan at Universal helps you plan for your upcoming trip. If you’re still in the planning stages, I’d love to help make your dream vacation a reality! Feel free to contact me for a quote; I’d love to help you plan your vacation from start to finish.
If you plan to DIY your vacation, I understand that too! I highly recommend buying your tickets through Undercover Tourist if you choose not to use a Travel Agent! There are a lot of really scammy sites out there, so make sure you’re booking through an approved partner (like Undercover Tourist,) or an approved Travel Agent!
More Universal Studios Content
- 7 things to buy at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- 20 things to know before going to Universal Studios
- 7 things to buy before visiting Harry Potter World.
- 25 Wizarding World of Harry Potter tips.
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Secret song list.
- 7 best rides at Universal Studios.
- 15 Universal Studios Hacks.
P.S. Yes, I book Disney too! Check out another recent blog post why you need a Disney Travel Agent.
Pin it for later: